We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are pleased to announce that by order of the Governor of New Jersey and the New Jersey Dental Association (NJDA), we can begin providing routine dental care for our patients starting May 26, 2020. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patient and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions (to view and download form, click here or click image). You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. This will be available in the waiting room and other areas of the office.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting room times for you as well.
- Upon arriving to the office, we encourage patients to wait in their cars and call our office number alerting us that you are here for your appointment (908-665-0220). When the treatment room is disinfected and ready we will call or text you to come into the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 908-665-0220.
Thank you for being our patients. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Barletta and Team